The steps to follow in our 60 million step Challenge
Join us with a $100 donation. And, you can ask your friends and family to support you by making a donation of their own.
Pick your own personal challenge that you would like to reach by this summer. Try to make it something measurable, so you can track your progress. You can share it if you want. We want to be able to add your steps to our global total to reach – or surpass – 60 million steps!
- A 15-minute walk at a brisk pace = about 2,000 steps.
- A 15-minute walk each day for 6 months = 365,000 steps.
- It would take 164 people walking 15 minutes per day to reach the 60 million steps!
- Or, do any other activity, count your steps and we’ll add them to the total.
The more people who participate, the more we can raise for the adolescent girls who need our support.
How 60 million girls will support your personal goal
- We’ll provide you with a link to a dedicated private Facebook page where you can post photos of your most creative activities. You can share your triumphs and seek out support from “teammates”. You can add suggestions and tips to keep each other motivated.
- 60 million girls will post ideas of where to do these fun winter activities around Montreal (0r elsewhere) to reach your ultimate goal: double the time you spend outdoors each week, run a 5 km event, ski or skate again or for the first time. You can join others preparing for the sprint triathlon, marathon, run, walk, swim – whatever you enjoy doing.
- We will post kid-friendly ideas if you want to drag the kids, including those wonderful teenagers, with you!
- Encourage a friend/buddy to join so you can work out and/or commiserate together. You don’t have to have the same goals, but can encourage each other!
- As the end of the pandemic arrives and, if competitive events are allowed to resume this summer and fall, 60 million girls will also share links so you can sign up to a running or sports event if you want to practise or make that your final goal.
We want to make sure that everyone in our circle is safe, healthy and in good spirits. This is exactly what you’ve been doing for years as you helped support the girls and boys in our education projects.
The Challenge will let us to look out for one another while channeling support to our Adolescent Girls’ Education Fund.
We’re looking forward to keeping in shape with you and dreaming of things to do in a post-pandemic world – which includes finding the most creative initiatives to ensure all girls and boys have access to a quality education.